Stories Written by Tamara Hacopian

stromaeUniversalMusicGroup

Belgian Singer Reaches Out to American Audiences

Tamara Hacopian, Staff Writer
December 3, 2014
Filed under Entertainment

He is 6 feet 5 inches tall, wears a trademark bow tie, and is finally claiming his fame in the United States. He is a vocalist, songwriter and  producer. Audiences and critics adore him and there is simply nobody else like him in popular music today. Born and raised in Brussels, 29-year-old... (more...)

cosmosonline

‘Cosmos’ Series Revived by Noted Astrophysicist

Tamara Hacopian, Staff Writer
May 29, 2014
Filed under Arts and Entertainment

Science comes alive in “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,” as astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson delves into the nature of the universe and its connection to mankind, dating it back to the Big Bang. The documentary is an adaptation of the original iconic classic, “Cosmos: A Personal Voyage,”... (more...)

Pedestrian Accidents Plague Glendale

Tamara Hacopian, Staff Writer
May 29, 2014
Filed under Features

In the latest local pedestrian fatality, an 86-year-old man was struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle as he crossed five traffic lanes near Glendale Community College in April. Since 2013, seven people have been killed in vehicle versus pedestrian accidents, according to Tom Lorenz, a Glendale... (more...)

Local Organization Commemorates Armenian Genocide

Tamara Hacopian, Staff Writer
May 1, 2014
Filed under News

In observance of the 99th year of the Armenian Genocide, Homenetmen Glendale Ararat Chapter Cultural Division held a panel titled “Red Poppy,” commemorating the brutal events that took the lives of 1.5 million Armenians. The red poppy has been used as a symbol of remembrance since 1920,... (more...)

One Chance to Study Abroad

Tamara Hacopian, Staff Writer
April 3, 2014
Filed under Features

Studying abroad may be the best way to step out of one’s bubble and discover a whole new world. It can give students the opportunity to venture forth and explore distant surroundings. It can also provide a life changing experiences that a classroom setting could never do, expanding their... (more...)

300web

‘300’ Spin-off Should Have Risen Higher

Tamara Hacopian, Staff Writer
March 18, 2014
Filed under Arts and Entertainment, Top Stories

Director Noam Murro’s “300: Rise of an Empire” is a tenacious bloodbath along with visuals that are fruitful and vividly entertaining, but not very promising. Greek warriors show off their courage and gallantry in a fight for a glorified nation against Persian forces in this action-packed... (more...)