Stories Written by Sherlyn Ann Maguit

College Foundation to Hold 30th Annual Golf Classic

Sherlyn Ann Maguit, Staff Writer
May 29, 2014
Filed under Sports

The Glendale College Foundation will host its 30th annual Golf Classic Tournament in June at the Oakmont Country Club in hopes to raise at least $100,000. For the past two years, the foundation has raised money to enhance facilities and special student success projects on campus. This includes... (more...)

Hall of Fame to Welcome New Members

Sherlyn Ann Maguit, Staff Writer
May 15, 2014
Filed under Sports

The Glendale College Athletic Hall of Fame will welcome five new members in October. They will be recognized for their exceptional work and achievements that have made a significant contribution to the college and its athletic department. The Class of 2014 Athletic Hall of Fame will be honoring... (more...)

Playoff Bound Vaqueros Fall to Williams College

Sherlyn Ann Maguit, Staff Writer
April 3, 2014
Filed under Sports

After clinching the Western State Conference title, just a week before the playoffs the Vaqueros took on the defending NCAA D-3 National Champions Williams College. Having trouble finding a rhythm throughout the match, the Vaqs were swept 9-0 by the Ephs. Although the Vaqueros have already... (more...)

tennisweb

Vaqueros Broadside Ventura Pirates

Sherlyn Ann Maguit, Staff Writer
March 5, 2014
Filed under Sports

It’s been nine years since the Glendale College Vaqueros tennis team beat the undefeated conference champion Ventura College. One goal was set, to end the Pirates domination of the Western State Conference. The Vaqueros hit the mark with a 6-3 win, their first over Ventura since 2005. “It... (more...)