Stories Written by Nikki Nagrone

ebooks

Pilot Program Offers Alternative Textbook Options

Nikki Nagrone, Staff Writer
May 27, 2014
Filed under News, Top Stories

Paying the ever-rising prices for college textbooks may seem inevitable for college students.  Students often pay more for textbooks than they do for classes, but an instructor at Glendale Community College is trying to change that. Michael Dulay, Division Chair of Social Sciences and a psychology... (more...)

BannerLib

Library Renovations Need Student Input

Nikki Nagrone, Staff Writer
May 14, 2014
Filed under News, Top Stories

Libraries are the cornerstones of many academic institutions.  Until recently, collections of books and their wealth of information were the main resources for students. However, within the last two decades, the advent of the Internet has changed everything.  Books are no longer the only... (more...)

Student Uses Spirituality to Overcome Illness

Nikki Nagrone, Staff Writer
May 1, 2014
Filed under Features

Life was going good for Nicholas Ekers, a 19 year-old art student. He was working part time, having fun with his girlfriend, and attending his long-time dream school, Art Center in Pasadena. However, a persistent back pain was starting to bother him. After the pain between his shoulders started... (more...)

PDC

PDC Offers Specialized Training for Businesses

Nikki Nagrone, Staff Writer
April 3, 2014
Filed under Features

Student success is one of Glendale Community College’s primary purposes. Whether success is defined as a degree, job placement, or financial gain — knowledge is necessary to get ahead. Sometimes that knowledge can come in the form of specialized work training. The Professional Development... (more...)

gamehaus

Retro-Gaming Makes a Comeback in Glendale

Nikki Nagrone, Staff Writer
March 19, 2014
Filed under Features

Shouting and laughter fill the air as a group huddles around a table, watching closely while someone pulls a piece from the neat tower of wooden blocks. Facial expressions turn tense as the tower shakes from the movement. Crash! Laughter and excitement fill the air as the tower falls and someone... (more...)

Eating Disorders : A Cause for Concern

Nikki Nagrone, Staff Writer
March 5, 2014
Filed under Features

There are hidden dangers on college campuses across the country that can affect anyone, regardless of gender, age or race. They are called eating disorders, which come in many forms and often hide in plain sight. a report released in February by the National Institute of Mental Health states... (more...)