Stories Written by Jennifer Rodman

gerstleronline

Poet Amy Gerstler Speaks at LA Writers Reading Series

Jennifer Rodman, Staff Writer
May 29, 2014
Filed under Features

From the moment Amy Gerstler, a poet, fiction writer and journalist, stepped up to the podium in her hot pink shirt and black blazer pant suit, laughs began to echo through the student center. Gerstler opened the L.A. Writers Reading event by reading excerpts from her book of poems, “Dearest... (more...)

davitonline

Student Body President Bids Farewell to ASGCC

Jennifer Rodman, Staff Writer
May 27, 2014
Filed under Features, Top Stories

Passing over his torch on Tuesday, Davit Avagyan stepped down after completing his term as ASGCC president. “It’s hard to just leave when you have done this for a year,” he said. “It’s a bittersweet moment.” Avagyan, who was born in Armenia and moved to Glendale about seven years... (more...)

Brick Mansions Disappoints Tenants

Jennifer Rodman, Staff Writer
May 1, 2014
Filed under Arts and Entertainment

Camille Delamarre’s “Brick Mansions” is an English-language remake of the French director Pierre Morel’s action thriller “District B-13,” which was released in the United States in 2004. This watered-down American version, similar in many forms, is a huge disappointment. “District... (more...)

The Wedge Serves Burritos Filled with Disappointment

Jennifer Rodman, Staff Writer
April 28, 2014
Filed under Features

The latest addition to campus eateries, The Wedge, has replaced the old Milky Way Cafe, located just beneath the planetarium in the San Gabriel Plaza. The menu features burritos, burrito bowls, banana wedges and nachos and baked potatoes. They also recently started serving breakfast burritos... (more...)

Runners Finish Hot L.A. Marathon

Jennifer Rodman, Staff Writer
March 19, 2014
Filed under Sports

Thousands of runners gathered behind the tape, preparing to run the 26.2 miles of the LA Marathon waiting to hear: “On your mark, get set, go.” Huge crowds of people lined the streets, screaming and cheering for their friends and family members. The 88-degree temperature was one of the... (more...)