Stories Written by Alin Boughousi

10505103_10152505061865396_8294588027693637072_o (1)

Wildfire Burns Above Glendale

Alin Boughousi, Staff Writer
June 24, 2014
Filed under Top Stories

A brush fire that started on Sunday afternoon continues to burn on the hillsides of Brand Park. According to officials, the fire spread to 126 acres, injuring two firefighters. Three hikers were treated for dehydration by paramedics after being evacuated from the park. The Glendale fire department... (more...)

Learning Center Helps Students Succeed

Alin Boughousi, Staff Writer
May 29, 2014
Filed under Features

With the difficult level of some college courses, many students find the need for help in the form of tutoring. Luckily, GCC offers students the Learning Center as a haven for studying and preparation. The center, which is located in the Administration Building Room 232, provides supplementary... (more...)

Fukushima Reactor: An Unnatural Disaster

Alin Boughousi, Staff Writer
May 14, 2014
Filed under Opinion

The Fukushima nuclear reactor disaster may be the worst of its kind. It has left a path of devastation in its wake and the radiation may have already reached our shores. This is not the first time a reactor has leaked dangerous levels of radiation into the environment. It begs the question... (more...)

New Building to Bring Additional Wi-Fi Access

Alin Boughousi, Staff Writer
May 1, 2014
Filed under News

Connecting to the Internet on campus may seem like going back to the dial-up days. The signal is slow and sporadic. Students are frustrated with the current service, as many need the Internet to do research and homework. Kim Antezana, 22, a biology major who uses the Internet almost every day,... (more...)

Two Students Create Innovative Bookselling Website

Alin Boughousi, Staff Writer
April 3, 2014
Filed under Features

Because they were tired of seeing so many pesky, textbook ad flyers displayed around campus, two GCC students decided to do something about it. “I wanted a solution to high textbook prices,” said business major Alex Karibyan. Karibyan, 19, created a unique website with his partner, computer... (more...)

glendalemarket

Glendale Market Gets a Fresh Face

Alin Boughousi, Staff Writer
March 19, 2014
Filed under Features

The Glendale Farmer’s Market moved to a new location in January, where shoppers can take in the aroma of fresh bread and locally grown fruits as they bask in the sunlight. Certified organic farmers sell fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh fish, as well as prepared foods. Artisans vend their... (more...)

OnlineIMG_3123

Parking Mania

Alin Boughousi, Staff Writer
March 6, 2014
Filed under News

The closure of parking lot 34, across from Verdugo Park,  is causing nightmares for students. A portion of the lot is closed off until November due to construction. Campus police chief Gary Montecuollo was informed by city engineers that the construction will take place on Canada Boulevard,... (more...)

aaIMG_0893

Classical Lunch at Glendale Noon Concerts

Alin Boughousi, Staff Writer
March 4, 2014
Filed under Arts and Entertainment, Top Stories

An escape from daily stress is just minutes away at the First Baptist church where noontime concerts of classical music replace the incessant noise of the city. String quartets, chamber music and much more are featured at the church located at the corner of Wilson Avenue and Louise Street in... (more...)