Stories Written by Aidan Rutten

Trustees Examine GCC Marketing

Aidan Rutten, Staff Writer
October 30, 2013
Filed under News

A presentation by Alen Andriassian opened the October board of trustees meeting, which explained new marketing strategies to help boost enrollment and make the process of applying to GCC easier, less stressful and more accommodating. Incoming students now have the opportunity to receive priority... (more...)

recitalweb

Music Department Plays the Classics on Stage

Aidan Rutten, Staff Writer
October 22, 2013
Filed under Features

Several music department teachers performed an array of music for a packed house at Kreider Hall last Thursday. Each semester, members of the music department faculty gather to perform for students and other teachers. Admission is free, but the show is not that long. Marine Ter-Kazaryan, music... (more...)

wallpaper-1600x1200

Distance Learning Offers Benefits to Students With Commuting Challenges

Aidan Rutten, Staff Writer
October 2, 2013
Filed under Campus, Collegiate News, News

Want to attend a college class in your pajamas?  Now you can do just that. Online classes, which can be taken entirely in the comfort of one’s own home, are spreading across college campuses everywhere. There are three types of classes that distance education deals with: web-enhanced, hybrid... (more...)

Students React to New Smoking Ban

Aidan Rutten, Staff Writer
September 18, 2013
Filed under News

Another cool September night meanders along, while students dot the front sidewalk of campus as a lone maintenance man carrying several “no smoking” signs readies them for placement. Returning and new students, faculty and staff are dealing with the April smoking ban across campus. Some... (more...)

Trustees Allocate General Funds to Child Development

Aidan Rutten, Staff Writer
September 18, 2013
Filed under Board of Trustees, News

The Glendale Community College Board of Trustees met for the first time this semester on Sept. 9  at Kreider Hall in the San Rafael building to discuss several issues, including the budget and the driving and texting problem, at the beginning of this school year. Among the issues discussed,... (more...)

Freda

Good Ol’ Freda not so Good

Aidan Rutten, Staff Writer
September 18, 2013
Filed under Arts and Entertainment, Entertainment>>Film

Lackluster is not a term normally associated with the Beatles, but it best describes the documentary film, “Good Ol’ Freda.” Director Ryan White’s shadow of a movie could have been deeply interesting. Unfortunately, without a candid, forthcoming main character, there is no story. White,... (more...)